Monday, April 25, 2016

Baby Hit Me and Dance your A$& Off

So my wife and I went to Las Vegas for our 17th anniversary a few weeks ago. We decided to take in a show. Who we chose was a perfect performer for Vegas. I must say upfront that Britney Spears is not my typical artist for review on this blog, but on review of her performance she's a quality entertainer.

Britney Spears came to national attention in 99 with a bubble gum pop sound and very catchy hooks. The fact that she was/is an attractive blond also helped keep her in the spotlight. This is where it gets tough for me. Although not a fan, I have to say a few things. First off, she is still popular , if you didn't have some talent an artist couldn't have lasted this long and she had charisma like few other artists. Is she a great singer or musician? No, not really, but a dinomite performer.

The show was amazing. Britney Spears can dance and hold your attention when she is on stage. The sets and effects were great. One moment that made me smile and cringe is Britney's cover of I Love Rock and Roll. I don't know if I have the right words to describe Britney riding a oversized Guitar in the middle of the stage. I don't know if Joan Jett would hit or make out with Britney, either way it was a moment. She preformed her hits but each song had a slightly new arrangement to keep it fresh. The crowd was almost as entertaining as Britney. Mainly 30 something women enjoying the show, alcohol and dancing badly.

While I will never list Britney in my top musicians I have to say she is an amazing performer and I would say don't miss her show.

Til next time,  listen to the best - your ears deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment