Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Alan' Progessive Project keeps an Eye out

As I posted last week, I am reviewing albums that were hits when I was growing up but I listened to the whole release. Unlike last week,  I don't know if any of my friends had this album. Other than the first two tracks ,I know until last week I haven't heard this release.

The album I am talking about is Eye In The Sky from The Alan Parsons Project. The title track was huge when I was a young teenager. If you have ever watched a Laker game or many other sports you have heard the other sort of hit, Sirius.  I knew the two tracks were kinda linked due to the fact many classic rock DJs play them back to back for a long break.

As for the rest of the Album it is really good but very progressive rock. I think as a 13 year old I might not have gotten it. It also explains why my other friends at the time didn't have it, just too deep for us. But listening to it now there are several great tracks on this album, besides the title track. The first five tracks are great including Children of the Moon, Gemini and Silence and I.

Alan Parsons is a legendary producer and worked with some very influential artists. What amazes me is the number of albums that this Project had with so few real hits. It shows how record companies have changed. Artists were given much more time to develop before they were cut and I am sure the fact Alan Parsons worked with the Beattles and Pink Floyd didn't hurt.

I recommend this album as a great example of early 80's progessive rock that I am happy I listened to a few decades later.

Til next time, listen to the best your ears deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment