Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Monster Truck Crushes It

So I am wondering what to blog about next when once again Sirius/XM Octane comes to  the rescue with a great new band. Rolling down the road and crushing it to Monster Truck.

Now I am old enough to remember the height of Southern Rock., 38 Special, Molly Hatchet and of course Lynrd Skynyrd. Odd enough I have been to a Hatchet concert, some great rock music and even better people watching. With Monster Truck's Sittin Heavy release those Southern Rock sounds are back. The first released track Don't Tell Me How To Live hooked me in so off to ITUNES I went. The rest of the album is just swampy and fried as you expect. 

The kicker is that this is a Candian rock band. I guess it shows you how music can cross borders. Sittin Heavy is Monster Truck's third release and it is slightly different from the first two. The earlier releases were more of  Deep Purple and Bad Company sound of bluesy of rock. 

I have listened to Sittin Heavy many times after my first find and it still pleases the ears. It is refreshing to listen to a new take of a great Southern Rock sound from our friends on the North side of the boarder. 

Till next time, listen to the best  - your ears deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment